"VIS MEDICATRIX NATURAE"
All rights reserved

Monday, January 18, 2016

A 'Cameo' in Tough cops, and weed on the set.

  It was a surprise to learn about my appearance in a movie I didn't work for. My guess it was Pio Lee's choice, one of the producers of this film but also involved with the Firebird Conspiracy in '84. The scene Romano is watching is my exit from the Firebird, my last deadly day. This execution is Rom's motivation for action.. Revenge.

A scene from Tough Cops, 1988.

  It was the first time Pio and I burned a doobie together for celebrating my final shot... Oh, I always carried a bag of weed on me and took care of cast and crew. It took months to shoot this film and sometimes we were on the same location for weeks, now I got this weed from Baguio and it contained quite some seeds which were 'spilled' all over the places we visited.. Healthy seeds, and many sprouted....:-) Imagine.

  Of course we smoked us a couple of 'good bye joints', and while the others had a few more months to go to finish the shootings, I went home. Carrying great memories and hoping for more. And I got more.. I never knew there were so many Canna lovers and glad to learn most of them didn't do hard drugs. There was a local drug called shabu, I've seen people whom used it. Not for me...

  Our smoking habits hardly have been an issue, OK, it happened a few times we were advised to find us another location as they smelled us on the set.. hehehe. It was not appreciated by the Cannon producers and as far as I know the scent of weed was nowhere to find around the Chuck Norris' filming.

  So different it was to work for Oliver Stone. First 'Platoon' and again in 'Born on the 4th of July'. Now Oliver, an old Vietnam veteran, is a fervent user of Marijuana, he never would have survived Nam without it, he says..


Charlie gets a shotgun

- Age of Terror

Oliver Stone - The Untold History of The US - Bush & Obama

In it,Oliver Stone and his collaborators focuses the wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush administration.It presents how many American lives were lost as well as the torture incidents that American soldiers were involved in.As for the conspiracies involved,it also presents the personal motive of Bush was more of a personal vendetta against Saddam Hussein rather than catching the terrorist who are guilty of the September 11 attacks in New York.Added to that,it also tries to portray how the Bush administration tried to manipulate the terror warnings to the Americans to fulfill their political motives.

No comments: