"VIS MEDICATRIX NATURAE"
All rights reserved

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Therapist onboard the "Henry Dunant". The Red Cross cruiser.

 Magic hands, that's how they (my patients) often called my 'instruments': my hands.. 'Unbelievable' or 'gifted'.'How do you do that...?' Well, one way or another my hands radiate a strong 'bio-magnetic field', even felt on a distance.. As a practitioner of alternative healing I approach all kind of disorders at a holistic way. A combination of non-regular manners inspired me to practice such in the field. What started with Shiatsu-massage and Karate atemi's, developed to a wider assortment of knowledge. My Martial Arts training made my 'Chi' flow, and I learned how to use it...(more about that in my post: 'American Ninja'.) My years in Asia only added more experience as I was able to practice as a 'helot' on many a movie set.

   Somewhere back in 1992, I got a call from a friend whom I cured from a sore back.. He happened to be a crew-member of the 'ms J. Henry Dunant', a hospital cruiseship that sails the Dutch and German waters for 42 weeks a year. (Hi, Ton..!) He asked me if I was available the next couple a weeks....OK..! What for...? They were in need of a fysiotherapist cos the regular one got ill or something.. I didn't hesitate for a moment and took off for the Harbours.....


 Each cruise lasts for a week, sailing the larger- and smaller rivers and lakes of the Netherlands. On board some 55 handicapped, ill or bedridden patients. Most of them never been on vacation before or at least couldn't due to their restrictions. Other than the ship's crew, an 'army' of Red Cross volunteers embarks to assist. A ship's doctor, nurses, a head nurse and other hands to serve...


This trip: regio ´Rotterdam´. After this one I would join the regio for another 2 cruises, while The Hague and Amsterdam also invited me to participate.. I enjoyed each and every trip and feel happy I could contribute to these people's vacation week.




 Photo's 1992/94.
 ..acupressure  and shiatsu massage, I sometimes advised my patients to burn a joint or to use CBD drops.....








.

No comments: